Broke!!!

January was a rough month.  Came home from work Jan3rd to no water.  They are doing construction on Boise Ave, so we initially thought that they had turned the water off for that, but once the construction workers all left and we still didn't have any water we knew something was up.  Called the Water Company and while on hold found this note stuck in the door (the door we never use).
Leakage on our property. hmmmmm, WHERE????

Dana and the water on call person started testing areas and determined that it was in the ground somewhere between the meter and the connection to the house.  So we spend the weekend with no water.  Monday, Dana and Rocco rented a mini backhoe, dug up the front yard.  Finally had water again.    Surprise!!! you now have to pay for the million of gallons of water that ran into the ground.  Water Bill $1289.00.  Sweet we can afford that!!!  
I wrote a letter to the water company pleading my case and they generously wrote off half.  HALF are you kidding me........ but I just said "Thank you", didn't want to make them mad and not do anything.  Oh, BTW where did all that water go?!!  Under our asphalt driveway, so now we are concerned about sink holes.  Summer project. :)

While this is all going on US Bank did their yearly escrow adjustments and double estimated my property taxes, so my mortgage payment went up $300.00.  Took me two months of paying the extra amount to get them to get it corrected.  Finally this month it's back to where it belongs. 

Then my Laptop dies and I have buy a new one.......... 

January/February has hit my bank account hard! 

Love you all ~~Mitzi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the deep end...

Reworked

Finally used