Disappointments

Disappointments are a part of life. They come in all shapes and sizes and can occur at all ages. I have discovered that it is a whole lot easier dealing with my own disappointments than it is dealing with my children's. Words are just so inadequate. You know as they come out of your mouth that they really are meaningless but you say them anyway. Since we are older we also know that their disappointments are really just a small blimp in the radar when it comes to the whole big picture. But we have to walk a very fine line with giving it the attention that it deserves because we don't want to demean what they are going through. I have found that this has been the hardest part of being a mother. I would rather cut out my own heart than to see my children feel pain (physical or emotional).

Comments

What's going on? Is everything ok?

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to the deep end...

Reworked

New addition