Welcome to the deep end...

...this is the message I got on Monday as I jumped in.

Monday was my birthday, another milestone day.  One that I have been dreading for weeks.  Not sure why this one is so hard to swallow.  

For weeks I have been feeling like the crocodile from Peter Pan...Tick-Tock, Tick-Tock.  The days just tick away.
Birthday's are interesting, there is a build up as the day gets closer adding to the excitement (or dread).  Then the alarm goes off on the "BIG" day and you wake up just like any other day.  The same person, nothing feels different.  If it wasn't for the wrinkles you see in the mirror you wouldn't know you were any older. It isn't until you mentally do the math in your head and realize that you're starting a new decade of your life.  60 is the new 30, right!?!
We need to not dwell on the years that have past, we should look forward to the years ahead of us, all the new adventures to be had, people to meet, life left to experience. So let's not get all weird about getting older.  Our age is merely only the number of years that the world has been enjoying us!!!
So on with the day....
My boss makes a celebration for everyone's birthday and mine was no exception.  Muffins and donuts for everyone.  Decoration to make you feel young again. 😊😊😊😊


Had a fabulous dinner at Tucanos with my favorite people, Dana, Tori, Chad, and Alex.  Stuffed ourselves as always at this place.  Tori and Chad gave me a really nice camera backpack.  Looking forward to getting out taking pictures with it.  Ordered myself a new Fitbit Alta HR from Dana and Alex.  They don't know it yet but they will soon.

Image result for tucanos brazilian grill
Thank you for all the Birthday wished that I received through Facebook and social media.

Overall it turned out to be a great day and 60 so far hasn't been so bad.

Love you all ~~Mitzi

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reworked

Finally used